Thursday, July 25, 2013

'Nother Throwback: Pumpkin Pie Revisited

Here's another three year-old post:

The chai pumpkin pie (from the last entry) was.... okay. I'm told I'm being too hard on myself about it, which is not unlike me. The guys said it was good and cleaned their plates to further indicate this, but after having tasted the first pie I made (which was an easy ready-made mix), I found pie #2 to be bland in comparison. After consulting with one of my home fries, I decided to add ginger and cloves to Chai Pumpkin Pie #3, which I made last night.

 

I still had excess pie mix (I ended up throwing out the excess from last Thursday because I could not find tiny pie shells, and my mom had said that the mix only lasts a couple of days), so I've saved the excess from last night and am taking it home for the mah-in-law to see what ideas and means she has. I made sure not to try to make the super pie, so no mess. I also took the pie out of the oven about 8-10 minutes sooner (I used the kitchen timer on the microwave and stopped it briefly to microwave chocolate chips for a cheesecake I was making and then forgot to set the timer back right away, so the time is an approximation).





So the pie looked quite nice after taking it out of the oven, versus the awful burnt-cheese-toast look that pie #2 had (see previous entry).

No comments:

Post a Comment